Active Steps Legacy
Community Together CIC has been working in Partnership with Sustrans, Staffordshire County Council and Tamworth Borough Council to secure the legacy and good work started in Tamworth through the ‘Active Steps’ Project.
Participants are able to access local walk and cycle groups from beginner to intermediate level as well as information, advice and equipment that enable them to walk or cycle more often for short everyday trips.
It’s particularly suitable for people for have existing low levels of physical activity and want to start moving more. It’s also suited to those with physical or mental health issues.
Community Together CIC is now supporting 18 volunteers recruited through the project to keep the success of the project going to benefit Tamworth residents in the long term now the initial 12 months funding has come to an end.
Community Together CIC will be –
- Supporting the continuation of the Walking and Cycle Groups set up under the project
- Supporting 18 volunteers
- Providing both volunteers and users a central base to continue to operate from
- Offering up to 6 weeks free bike use for people who don’t have access to a bike
- Offering Free Cycle and Walk Leader training
- Offering 1st Aid training
Join a Free Walking or Cycling group – All Sessions meet at The Activity Centre (Old Swimming Baths by Dave Owen Cycles) Tamworth Castle Grounds –